From the US? Considering an abortion? Go to http://abortionsafety.com/index.php, a database of abortion malpractice information in the USA.

"When we consider that women are treated as property, it is degrading to women that we should treat our children as property to be disposed of as we see fit." Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Disclaimer: http://prolife-girl.blogspot.ca/2012/07/a-disclaimer.html

Twitter

Sunday 26 June 2011

Everyday Events

Sometimes I find that the less I want to think about the pro-life cause the more everyday things conspire to remind me of it. One event in particular comes to mind.

A couple of nights ago I was out with a few high school friends that I hadn't seen in a very long while. We got pretty drunk and started talking about any and all topics under the sun (I'm sure you all know how it goes). We got onto a common topic of marriage and children and how the people around us seem to be growing up so fast - for instance, two of our friends from high school are married, and quite a few of our friends (but not the same friends) have had babies recently. Specifically, one of our very good friends had just had a baby about a week ago, and her boyfriend at the time wanted to have an abortion but she refused. An all too common story, I'm sure, though most often with a different result. :( We were wondering whether or not the boyfriend was still in her (and the baby's) life, when one of my friends said,
"Well, what's the big deal? Situations like these aren't complicated. If you get pregnant by accident, then all you have to do is ..." [stabbing himself in the stomach].
I was shocked, because it was obvious he intended to be truthful, but funny. I just couldn't believe that someone would say something like that over a baby that was already born, essentially saying her baby should actually be dead - and then think that such a statement is amusing. I don't know about you, but I'd have thought that no matter what your opinion on abortion is (pro-life, pro-choice, or indifferent), that saying something like that would always be considered to be in very bad taste, and I would say, even cruel. Abortion is NEVER a "simple" solution to an accidental pregnancy.

Anyway, I just had to write about that even though it happened a couple of nights ago. I couldn't get it out of my head. It's depressing when you realize how some people view something like abortion as simple, and even funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment